1. How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
I use Goodreads and I also have a notebook in which I keep a list of all the books I want to read. Books I own are denoted by a little symbol next to the title.
2. Is your TBR mostly print or ebooks?
It is entirely print. I have read ebooks, while travelling mainly, but it’s not a style of reading that I can do for long periods.
3. How do you determine which book to read next?
Ah, that’s always a hard one! I used to have trouble with that, until I stumbled upon Youtuber LittleBookOwl. She talked about her TBR jar, and I was inspired to create one of my own. Now, all the titles on my shelf have been written down on scraps of paper which are folded and mixed up in a box, and whenever I need a new book, I reach in and grab a piece of paper. I’ve only been using this method for about a week – and so have only pulled out one title so far – but that one title is quite enjoyable, so I’d consider it a success!
4. A book that’s been on your TBR list the longest:
Adam, Eve, & the Serpent by Elaine Pagels. I
stole borrowed this book from my mum about 4 years ago and still haven’t read it.
5. A book you recently added to your TBR
I was in Toronto this past January for the annual Ontario Library Association superconference, and came away with 19 ARCs and new books, so, those.
6. A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover
I bought Sanctus by Simon Toyne completely based on it’s cover, and it ended up being an incredible book, so the second and third books in the trilogy are now on my TBR.
7. A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading
I feel like maybe that’s not how a TBR works. Ice-T concurs.
8. An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for
One of the ARCs I picked up in Toronto is a previously unpublished collection of Shirley Jackson stories and essays, it’s due to be published in June. She’s a great writer, so I am very excited about it!
9. A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you
I want to say Anna Karenina, but I am fairly certain that everyone else is also lying about having read it!
10. A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you
The A Song of Ice and Fire series. My husband rereads them every few months and a number of friends have raved, and I love the TV show, so I finally picked them up.
11. A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read
I am dying to read most of them!
12. How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf?
142. There are a couple of titles that aren’t on my Goodreads shelf because the books themselves aren’t on Goodreads. It happens sometimes, especially with older books from the 60’s and 70’s when pulp books were pumped out for quick bucks.