Joey over at Thoughts and Afterthoughts posted this tag a few weeks ago. I wasn’t tagged, but I’m going to do it anyhow because it looked like fun and I really need something light to get me back into posting here!
The Reader Problems Book Tag
1) You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I do have a TBR jar, but a lot of it is me standing in front of my shelves looking frustrated and then closing my eyes and grabbing something at random.
2) You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or commit?
I quit if I’m not feeling it by around 80 pages. Life is too short to spend time on books you don’t like!
3) The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, yet so far away on your Goodreads Reading Challenge. Do you quit or commit?
I try not to push myself, I just keep on trucking and if I make it, great, but if I don’t, that’s also okay.
4) The covers of a series you love DO. NOT. MATCH. How do you cope?
That would drive me crazy! I would just keep an eye out at garage sales/used book shops and if I can fix the problem without buying new books, I will.
5) Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
My own mother! We tend to agree on books that we disagree with the world on.
6) You’re reading a book and you’re about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I tend to just sniff really hard and choke it back. Maybe blink a lot.
7) A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find the synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?
I’d re-read the first one. It’s actually something I need to do for a few of my TBRs! I loved Sanctus by Simon Toyne and I’ve bought the second and third book in the trilogy but will probably need to reread Sanctus before I read them.
8) You do not want ANYONE borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I just say no. I might give some excuse about previous experience, but I’m pretty straightforward about it. I do loan out my books but only to a very select group of people who I can trust to return them.
9) You’ve picked up and put down five books in the past month. How do you get over your slump?
I will switch over to rereading light beach books or graphic novels for a bit and then try again.
10) There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
None of them. I stick to buying only used books, content in the knowledge that I am saving money and the new books will wait for me!
11) After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf until you actually read them?
There is often a 6 month to year long wait before I read books – right now, I’m reading a book that I bought (new, for a change) about a year and a half ago.
That was fun! I hope it’s okay that I’ve done this without being tagged. If you want to do this, I hope you will let me know so that I can read your answers!